- VMware server hosting configuration and development
- VMware client hosting configuration and development
- VMware cloud computing for customer hosting
- Zimbra mail/collaboration configuration and development
VMware, the global leader in cloud infrastructure, delivers customer proven virtualization solutions that significantly reduce IT complexity. VMware accelerates an organization’s transition to cloud computing, while preserving existing IT investments and enabling more efficient, agile service delivery without compromising control. Organizations rely on VMware, its partners and its industry-leading virtual infrastructure platform, VMware vSphere, to energize their business through IT, while saving energy—financial, human and the Earth’s.
With 2009 revenues of $2 billion and more than 170,000 customers and 25,000 partners, VMware delivers the world’s most trusted solutions for cloud computing and virtualization, strategic initiatives that consistently rank as top priorities among CIOs. The company’s innovation, excellence and strategic importance has been recognized by more than 255 industry awards, including:
- Information Week’s Grand Prize Winner of the 2009 Best of Interop Awards
- 2009 InfoWorld Technology of the Year award in the Best Server Virtualization category for VMware Infrastructure
- 2009 InfoWorld Technology of the Year award in the Best Desktop Virtualization category for VMware Workstation
- Linux Magazine Top Company to Watch in 2009
- The Wall Street Journal 2009 Technology Innovation Award in the software category for VMware vSphere
Over the past few decades, IT has met business needs by continually adding new applications on incompatible architectures, across a disparate collection of hardware and infrastructure. This has created a tight coupling of applications to physical hardware, with increasingly brittle connectivity between systems, making it extremely difficult to support changing business needs. The result is business opportunities are restrained in IT backlogs, IT is stuck maintaining a burdensome infrastructure and business agility is significantly impacted.
Today’s IT organizations spend more than 70 percent of their resources on maintenance, leaving less than 30 percent for value-added and strategic projects. Now facing significant inefficiencies in resource utilization and a more difficult environment to manage and control, IT is looking for a new approach. VMware delivers proven virtualization solutions that enable a new approach to IT through cloud computing. With VMware, organizations gain a more dynamic IT service delivery model that preserves existing investments, while better supporting the business goals.